Information Insights Is currently Hiring:
Click to download the full Consultant Job Description. See below for instructions on how to apply.
Date Posted: April 5, 2021
Location: Fairbanks, AK, or remote within Alaska
Date Available: Immediately
Closing Date: Open until filled. First screening: April 19
Information Insights is seeking a ¾ to full time Consultant to join our team. The successful Consultant with Information Insights brings excellent project management skills, curiosity and a growth orientation, exceptional verbal and written communication, and a commitment to help grow our firm’s 20+ years of excellence in client services across Alaska. The consultant will join a highly-collaborative work environment with opportunities to lead on existing projects, and manage new projects in areas of professional interest and skill. Information Insights offers a flexible and supportive work environment with opportunities for professional advancement. We hire based on a shared enthusiasm and approach to our work with clients and train for technical skills as needed. Growth candidates or those looking to explore new career opportunities are encouraged to apply,
How to Apply
- Cover letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information
In your cover letter, please describe how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position and address the knowledge, skills, and abilities that would make you a strong candidate for our small business in Interior Alaska. The résumé and cover letter should be no more than two pages each. Application materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line: Job Application_Last Name_First Name. All attachments should be sent in a pdf format.
Information Insights is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Consultant role assists in overseeing contracts, managing internal teams on tasks, and ensuring project deliverables are fulfilled to our clients’ satisfaction. This position also provides a unique opportunity to be part of a collaborative company-wide effort to hone and grow our business strategy, culture, and approach that will advance the company into its next 20 years of providing quality consulting. This includes
- Oversee contract deliverables on existing or new contracts, ensuring clarity (with the client and internally) on timeline/tasks and fulfillment of deliverables
- Manage internal teams of support staff to successfully delegate tasks and ensure completion
- Coordinate with other Consultants and staff on projects and workload management, managing “up and across” or renegotiating roles/tasks/timelines as necessary
Fulfillment of Contract Deliverables
- Fulfill contract deliverables on a range of contracts. Due to the dynamic nature of being a small consulting firm, these contracts/deliverables shift as contracts conclude and new clients come in. Right now, contract deliverables could fall into the following categories:
- Rural energy and infrastructure, clean energy adoption, outreach and fundraising campaigns, economic development planning, willingness to pay and other surveys, strategic planning, human resources, grant management, and board governance.
Assist in Strategic Planning and Business Growth
- Assist in maintaining client relations and prospecting/networking
- Assist and/or project manage new proposals
- Demonstrated project and people management experience
- Strong writing and editing skills, including the ability to write in a clear, concise style free of technical or academic jargon
- Strong oral communication skills, including self-assurance conducting interviews, making phone calls, and giving presentations to a range of audiences
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to evaluate, synthesize and summarize information from a variety of sources
- Ability to work without direct supervision, manage time effectively, and juggle multiple tasks and deadlines while supporting various projects
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel
What We Offer
- Salary: $25-30/hour DOE
- Status / Classification: Regular Nonexempt
- Paid leave (pro-rated based on FTE): 7 paid holidays, 80 hrs paid personal leave
- Option to contribute to employer managed 401k retirement plan after first year of employment
- Flexible workplace with core hours
- Opportunity for growth within the company
Our Fairbanks office offers a dynamic, small office setting with an open layout. We require staff to work at least partially in the office to promote collaboration and company culture; but this schedule and frequency can be negotiated on an individual basis. Applicants interested in working remotely from Alaska in-state locations other than and including our headquarters in Fairbanks are encouraged. Out of state employment is rare and considered on a case by case basis. During the Covid-19 pandemic, all federal and state guidelines for workplace safety are being adhered to.