Information Insights Is currently Hiring:
Click to download the full Bookkeeper Job Description. See below for instructions on how to apply.
Date Posted: April 5, 2021
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Date Available: Immediately
Closing Date: Open until filled. First screening: April 19
Information Insights is seeking a ¾-time Bookkeeper to join our team. We welcome candidates who excel in a collaborative work environment and are able to maintain positive, professional relationships with coworkers, clients, and subcontractors. A strong attention to detail and a commitment to creating high quality work product are highly desired. This position is responsible for maintaining our financial records, including receipts, payments, and payroll. Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s primary responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company. This position offers the opportunity for growth of skills and experience with the possibility of full-time employment and advancement within the company.
How to Apply
- Cover letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information
In your cover letter, please describe how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position and address the knowledge, skills, and abilities that would make you a strong candidate for our small business in Interior Alaska. The résumé and cover letter should be no more than two pages each. Application materials should be sent to email@example.com with a subject line: Job Application_Last Name_First Name. All attachments should be sent in a pdf format.
Core Responsibilities and Reporting
- Reports to the Business & Accounting Manager
- Bookkeeping responsibilities include maintaining all accounts payable and receivable, payroll and tax reporting, reconciling, employee benefit coordination, invoicing, project and business budget development.
- Human resources responsibilities include administration of employee benefits.
- Client and project support responsibilities include assisting with client and subcontractor documentation, maintaining the company project database, supporting the company’s Business, Organizational, and Financial Support Services client work.
- Business administration responsibilities include assisting with preparation for shareholder meetings, acting as financial point of contact, and purchasing office supplies.
- 2+ years of prior work experience in bookkeeping or Associate degree from an accredited institution in Accounting or related field
- Experience with accounts payable / receivable, payroll, and general ledger
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated commitment to professional and respectful workplace communication
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google applications
What We Offer
- Salary: $23-28/hour DOE
- Status / Classification: Regular Nonexempt
- Paid leave (pro-rated based on FTE): 7 paid holidays, 80 hrs paid personal leave
- Option to contribute to employer managed 401k retirement plan after first year of employment
- Flexible workplace with core hours
- Opportunity for growth within the company
This position is performed in a dynamic, small office setting with an open layout. Remote work is supported where possible but not required. The vast majority of responsibilities for this position cannot currently be done remotely. During the Covid-19 pandemic, all federal and state guidelines for workplace safety are being adhered to.
Information Insights is an Equal Opportunity Employer.