Information Insights is seeking a senior consultant to join our team. We’re a small firm based in Fairbanks, Alaska, with over 20 years invested in expanding the capacity of our clients through research, planning, organizational support, project management, survey design and analysis, and public process facilitation. We currently have projects in a variety of areas including rural energy and infrastructure, public health, air quality, human resources, grant management, and board governance. We do this in a highly-collaborative work environment that is family-friendly and supportive. A senior consultant will serve as a team member on existing projects and develop and manage new projects in areas of professional interest and skill. The firm encourages employee development and offers management and ownership opportunities. Our offices are in the Cold Climate Housing Research Center building.
The following education and work experience are required for this position:
- Master’s degree or PhD, preferably in the social sciences, or equivalent work experience
- Five years of work experience or demonstrated competency using social science research methods and written and oral communication skills in Alaska
The following competencies are essential to success in this position:
- Demonstrated ability to manage research or service projects
- Strong writing and editing skills, including the ability to write in a clear, concise style free of technical or academic jargon
- Strong oral communication skills, including self-assurance conducting interviews, making phone calls, and giving presentations to a range of audiences
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to evaluate, synthesize and summarize information from a variety of sources
- Experience supervising employees
- Ability to work without direct supervision, manage time effectively, and juggle multiple tasks and deadlines while supporting various projects
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel
A successful candidate will also have one or more of the following skills:
- Experience conducting or assisting with meeting facilitation or strategic planning
- Experience working or living in rural Alaska or knowledge of Alaska Native cultures and rural issues
- Experience in graphic design and desktop publishing, and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suites, especially InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience in data analysis using SPSS, R, or other statistical analysis software and/or economic analysis using IMPLAN
- Planning experience either as a private consultant or as an employee of a local, tribal or state agency
- Experience in survey design and administration
- Experience in business and/or organizational development
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) with the possibility of a starting commitment of 20+ hours per week. Work schedule is flexible. A senior consultant is expected to work in the office for a majority of the time to participate in the highly collaborative work environment.
Salary and Benefits
Salary depends on experience; benefits are available.
Our strong preference is for this position to be based in Fairbanks, but we will consider applications from those who would work from other Alaska communities.
To apply, email a résumé and cover letter with contact info (phone and email) for at least two references to Jamie Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Résumés will be reviewed upon receipt. The position will remain open until filled.